Personal Computing General information
Service Lead: Vernard Brown
Personal Computing Service Offering including Desktops, Laptops, Network Printers, Copiers and Agency-owned devices
Achieve worker efficiency and productivity using personal computing devices, software and peripherals.
May 31, 2016: NEW! Coming soon: Agency-owned device support is now available, starting with Microsoft Surface Pro.
Specification information links
VITA provides bundled personal computing services in an effort to make it easier for our customers to manage their IT requirements. The monthly charge for these services includes the cost of equipment purchase, installation, maintenance, software licensing,
renewal, patches, upgrades, direct labor and indirect expenses such as security, help desk and administration.
Personal Computing Devices: Desktops, Laptops, Agency-owned devices
VITA currently offers a single rate for desktops and a single rate for laptops. When agencies request PCs, they have the option of selecting a premium or a standard configuration. Our bundled software includes: Microsoft Operating System, Office Pro Plus
(Word, Excel, Access, Powerpoint, Publisher, Infopath), Adobe Reader, McAfee and Winzip (OS provided).
Agency-owned Device Support
The Agency-owned device support (AODS) service is targeted to agencies that purchase and own qualifying devices. The owning agency will manage the hardware warranty directly with the device manufacturer. The owning agency will enroll the device in the AODS service, and pay a monthly service fee. The services included in that fee are: VCCC help desk support, hard drive encryption and the LAN port.
Devices that qualify for the AODS service.
The ITP Printer Service includes consulting expertise to assist customers with matching their business requirements to an appropriate device. Other aspects of the service include:
• Network attached printing device
• Connection to existing network port
• VCCC ServiceDesk support
• Break/Fix hardware services within 18-business hours
• Disposal (where applicable)
Copier costs are billed as follows: a monthly fixed charge per copier, and a monthly variable volume charge per click (metered printed page). Select the Copiers service to see the rates for copiers, and the "Copier Volume Rates -- Overview" page for
Copier solutions are categorized to align with technology and the demands created by variations in user group populations. This technical solution categorizes large volume copier assets based on their determined value inclusive of functionality and the
scope of services they provide. In order to logically structure resource unit rates, according to the level of services provided by the asset, specific categories have been developed based on employed technology and service support data. Copiers can then
be procured, or allocated, to categories based on specifications, capabilities, and expected service output.
The solution consists of six (6) categories. A summarized description of Network Attached, Large Volume Copier technologies and key specifications for each category is provided below.
- Office Network Black & White Copier - Network Attached Monochrome Copier with a duty cycle of approximately 150,000 pages per month and a print speed of 32 pages per minute.
- Business Network Black & White Copier - Network Attached Monochrome Copier with a duty cycle of approximately 200,000 pages per month and a print speed of 45 pages per minute.
- Enterprise Network Black & White Copier - Network Attached Monochrome Copier with a duty cycle of approximately 400,000 pages per month and a print speed of 75 pages per minute.
- Office Network Color Copier - Network Attached Color Copier with a duty cycle of approximately 80,000 pages per month and a print speed of 28 monochrome pages per minute and 28 color pages per minute.
- Business Network Color Copier - Network Attached Color Copier with a duty cycle of approximately 150,000 pages per month and a print speed of 45 monochrome pages per minute and 40 color pages per minute.
- Enterprise Network Color Copier - Network Attached Color Copier with a duty cycle of approximately 300,000 pages per month and a print speed of 75 monochrome pages per minute and 50 color pages per minute.
Do I contact the VCCC Service Desk, order on EVA, or order on this Service Catalog?
- Contact the VCCC for: Copier, printer, desktop, laptop, tablet, or handheld-related Installations, Moves, Adds or Changes (IMACs) for a single machine up to and including 15 machines. A
Service Request Ticket will be issued. The IMAC cost is $149.89 per install, mover, add or change.
- Order on eVA: Copier, printer, desktop, laptops, and tablets in orders of a single machine up to and including 15 machines. The IMAC cost is the same as above.
- Order on VITA Service Catalog: Use the Service Catalog for efforts that require purchasing or IMACs of 16 or more machines. These efforts are handled more like projects - VITA manages these as Work Requests that require collaborative discussion,
solutioning, and special pricing. The machines will eventually be purchased through EVA, but as a task performed by Northrop Grumman. The IMAC cost is the same as above.
Resource Unit charges applies to unscheduled, project IMACs not associated with transformation or refresh and unscheduled software or patch distributions to large groups of machines. IMACs of greater than 15 systems at the same time will be treated as
a priced project that will not exceed the cost calculated using the Resource Unit Rate times the number of IMACs involved. IMACs may not be separated into smaller groups in an attempt to avoid project designation.